My family has lived in Broadview Heights Ohio for 21 years and we love it! As a Realtor® I am proud to list and sell homes in Broadview Heights Ohio and to promote the city and local businesses. So here are 10 things (in no particular order) you should do as soon as possible and you will quickly feel at home!
1. Treat yourself to an ice cream from Handel's...our faves are cookies and cream, banana cream pie, and spouse like a house:)
2. Join the rec center. Our family is a member and we often see friends and neighbors here. There is a pool, workout area, circuit room, basketball court and a bunch of stuff for seniors. The city offices are here so stop in and meet our Mayor, Sam Alai. He has drop in hours every Wednesday from 5-7 P.M. He can tell you all about the new Giant Eagle Grocery Store and Akron General Hospital, coming to Broadview Heights. (very exciting!)
4.Michaelangelo's Bakery is a must for the most delectable sweets ever!
5.Stop in and meet the great owner's of Central Bark Doggy Day Care so you'll be comfortable when it comes time to go on vacation and you decide not to take Fido with you:)
6.Take a ride over to the Urgent Care Center on Rte. 82 so you'll know where to go in the event of an emergency.
7. Have dinner or lunch at one of these wonderful restaurants: Beef O'Brady's, (casual and great for the whole family) D'Agnese's,(fine Italian dining) Cozumel, (hot, fresh, and fast Mexican) The Corned Beef Cafe (the best potato salad EVER) or the Boneyard (think burgers, ribs, steaks).
8. Take in a theatre show by the local theatre group called The Broadview Spotlights.
9. Sign up for the Mayor's e-mail so you can really stay in touch with what is going on and never miss a deadline for..... a spinning class, softball, basketball, crafts, swimming lessons etc...Become a member of the rec center and you'll be eligible for discounts on many classes/sports.
10. Get to know your neighbors! Don't be shy if you are invited to a party or neighborhood get-together...there are a lot of really nice people in Broadview Heights.
So these are just a few things to do, and as you explore this wonderful city, I'm sure you will find many more. The great people you meet along the way will just be the icing on the cake!
If you would like to buy or sell a home in the southern communities of Cleveland Ohio, please call me at 440-263-7496, or you may want to visit my website for more specific information on the communities I service: Brecksville Ohio Real Estate, Broadview Heights Ohio Real Estate, North Royalton Ohio Real Estate Independence Ohio Real Estate, Seven Hills Ohio Real Estate, Parma Ohio Real Estate, Parma Heights Ohio Real Estate and Middleburg Heights Ohio Real Estate. Information is obtained from Neohrex (Northeast Ohio Real Estate Exchange) and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. Properties subject to prior sale, rental, or other status changes. All properties that are advertised as being listed or sold by Barb Szabo are in conjuntion with ReMax Trinity.